Essential oil & hydrolat distillation upstate New York
Join Libby in the picturesque ton of Rhinebeck in the Hudson Valley of upstate New York to learn the ancient art of distillation on an 88-acre property. Using a copper alembic still from Europe, you will learn how to distill two products - essential oil and hydrolat (medicinal water). This is the same way people have been distilling aromatic remedies for thousands of years.
This is a 2.5 hour hands-on experience with you learning the basics of distillation from start to finish. Preparing the plant matter for distillation is the first step. Upon assembling the still, you will collect the essential oil and hydrolat necessary for making a wellness productis complete.
You will be given the opportunity to taste various hydrolats that have been sourced from the land directly in the past. Ways of incorporating these products effectively and safely into daily life are discussed and you will take home a handout containing all the information covered in the workshop as well as making a product from the distillation.
This is a 5-star reviewed experience on AirBnB, if you prefer to book there or if you want to see more information, please click HERE.
- The general start time of this workshop is 11:30AM - 2PM
- Once you have added the amount of guests to your cart, an option will appear on next screen to choose day that works for you.
- If you have any special requests please email us to discuss, we are happy to accommodate if possible.
- Please bring a bag to carry goodies home in
- Please wear suitable shoes to walk through a field.